Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Love my life!

I love my life.  Granted, I have a little gin & tonic buzzzzzzz, but it makes me so aware of how lucky we are.
Scott is in his element, making some tomato sauce & searching for new destinations.
We have a change in plans.  Our bedroom TV is in Lady Lake Best Buy for repair. So we have to hang around Florida for another 3 weeks, instead of heading to Louisiana in two weeks.

PETS: The dogs are behaving beautifully. Devin is now more content to spend time with us in the RV. He doesn't need as much exercise as before.  He has actually let me sleep past 7am yesterday! That is HUGE!
I've been training him on a 30' light rope and calling him to me.  He's doing pretty good.  I think at this point he would not run away, BUT, if there was a cat or deer, he would "not hear" us and chase after them.  That is not a chance I'm willing to take.
Scott is doing surprisingly well with riding his bike with Devin along side.
Well, that is until..."ooooooh, at cat!".....
Never fear, all is well.  No one was harmed in taking this photo.

BOOKS: Because I stayed up so late last night FINISHING "Whitney, My Love", I ended up taking a two hour nap today. We were supposed to take a bike ride along the  Withlacoochee Trail, but, hey, who cares? I'm retired and there's tomorrow.
Started "Messiah" by Boris Starling (the author of "Silence of the Lambs").

CRAFTS: The camp Wi-Fi is FAST!!! I've been enjoying surfing RAVELRY for how to possibly make my t-shirts look nicer with a knitted or crocheted collar & sleeves. I have so many t-shirts. That is my main wardrobe and it's not the most flattering, but I like the sayings and dog images on them.

RV: This is our first Christmas in the RV. No big deal.  We stopped with the whole holiday Christmas celebration about 5 yrs. ago.  It got to the point, that if Scott wanted something, he would just buy it, making it very difficult to surprise him with any gifts & the same for me.  So now, really, all the holidays are "just another day"... even our birthdays and anniversaries.  We held out by still insisting on cards for birthdays, etc., but really, why bother.  I KNOW my husband loves me and he KNOWS I love him. It is gift enough to relieve each other of the stress of having to go out to find a card and gift.
Here is our ONLY Christmas decoration.
It's a little (4" high) LED Christmas tree that plugs into the USB port of the computer.  Got it at Big Lots.  Even THAT tree, Devin wanted to get at. We haven't had a Christmas tree for 7 yrs, since we adopted Lyla. Yes, pets as children do change our lives.  The pets are well worth it. Children? I wouldn't know and don't want to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels