Friday, December 16, 2011

SOPCHOPPY, FL 32358


RV PARK REVIEW:
Dec. 15 - Dec. 22, 2011
OCHLOCKONEE RIVER STATE PARK  Sopchoppy, FL 32358 
$19./day Site #06
Our rating: 4 out of 5 Would revisit.
Arrived here around 3pm on Thursday, 12/15/11. Very small park, but so far we are really enjoying it. Seems to be a very quiet campground.  Only 30 sites total. Not all are RV accessible. This would be a cool place to tent camp.
+Some can fit a large  RV, others are more for pop ups/tenting. Lots of foliage around.
-Sandy sites and roadways.
+Electric & Water. Dump Station
+Verizon internet worked good.
-Verizon cell & AT&T cell no service
+Very quiet campground. 3 miles in from main road.
+Lots of deer & squirrels
+Lots of trails
+River walking distance for canoeing
There are lots of trails right from our site down to the river, or should I say rivers. We are right on the point of the Ochlockonee River and the Dead River.  There are canoe rentals for $7./half day.  Lots of people fishing.

View from RV


PETS: Greeted this morning by a cute little Doxie on the loose. Of course Devin was going nuts in the RV.  I opened the door to say hello, and Devin shot out. The chase was on! Devin chasing the poor little scared Doxie and me chasing the  over excited Devin.  Finally everyone was caught and under control.  Cute Doxie had been loose all morning & the owner couldn't get a hold of her until Devin chased her right into her owner's arms for protection.  Glad I could help!
Speaking of over excited Devin...shouldn't he be calm now?  He turned 1 yr. old yesterday.  Doesn't that mean he's not a puppy anymore? Why does he still act like a puppy? (Yes, just kidding and wishful thinking.)

CRAFTS: I think I need a break from lace weight knitting. I'm hoping it's only a break.  I frogged my previous project, and have been procrastinating starting the next because I hate doing a gauge swatch, but know it must be done.  So last night I decided to begin.  Cast on 55 and do 3 pattern repeats.  I'm using lace weight cotton and calls for #5 needles. That's better than the #2 needles I was using in the frogged project.  I'm also using Knit Picks clear lucite needles.  The problem with them, is you can see through them, so sometimes you get confused seeing the front & back of the stitch.  Ripped back 2x.  Needed my glasses, then needed more light.  The third time I attempted was when I realized, I need better glasses, or maybe my eyes are tired, but I just couldn't read the knitting. Every stitch was a struggle and a question. That's it.  Time for an Aran or Worsted weight yarn with some #7-9 sized needles for a break.  I do fear that my eyesight is getting worse.  I'm not happy about that at all.
I did work on my plastic canvas tote while traveling to this new desitination.  Pretty boring project, but at least not frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels