Monday, January 23, 2012

Goodbye Baton Rouge, LA 70808

RV: We'll be leaving here tomorrow. I'm kind of sad to leave. We didn't do too much while here, but I just loved the relaxed setting of Farr Park. What a treat to be able to relax & watch the horses. I would definitely camp here again. Although, I don't see us returning to this area..

DOGS: We brought our setters back to the Burbank Ave. Dog Park.  A really great park with very friendly people.  I spent some quality time petting sweet Irish Setter, Katie, we had met previously. She brought back all my memories of our Pillsbury, who passed last year. He was a wonderful dog.

RECREATION: I'm new to geocaching, so I will simply state we found two geocaches within walking distance of Farr Park.  Scott found one and I found the other.
Geocaching is a good excuse to take a hike. You use a GPS to find certain coordinates, where a box is hidden in the woods.  You can leave a memento, or just write your name and date you found it.  Then you can go on line and enter your find.

BOOKS: Scott finished reading THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins, on his Kindle.  He read it in 2 days. He loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels