Tuesday, April 24, 2012

CRAFT WEEK (Day 2): "Perfect Day"

This blog post is part of the 3rd

3KCBWDWC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's craft week blog challenge is to set a scene with photography. I follow instructions well, but to create is difficult for me. So I am opting to take my "wild card" challenge today which is "Craft Your Perfect Day".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CRAFTING A PERFECT DAY
This will be just off the top of my head. 

1. Good night's sleep & being able to sleep till 7:30 instead of 6am



2. Drinking a good cup of strong, smooth, black coffee & a "nutritious" breakfast of cookies, or a toasted blueberry bagel with cream cheese, or pastries & reading an extraordinary book on my kindle while looking out to a beautiful view.

Knitted mug cozy. Mmmm coffee and cookies!
3. A little internet, following blogs, new Ravelry patterns, email, playing a game or two etc.


4. Take the dogs for a walk with hubby through a pine forest (and the dogs aren't pulling).

5. Sit outside in the shade with that beautiful view once again. The temperature is about 65° with just a very subtle breeze. I have a glass of wine, the dogs are laying near me, hubby is seating near me with a glass of his favorite Port and reading.
I'm cross stitching while listening to an excellent audio book. I like to cross stitch outside because now that I've gotten older, it's more difficult to see the charts and all those itty stitches. The daylight gives me perfect light for this project.  After a couple of hours, I switch to knitting or crocheting.

6. Not a soul around but us and the birds chirping, and squirrels running about.

7. For dinner, going to a casual local restaurant with great food at a reasonable price.

8. Back home to watch a movie with hubby and do some more knitting.

Not very exciting, but that's what I like. I don't look for excitement. Excitement is stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels