Monday, November 12, 2012

Not enough time in the day

335 Lazy Creek Dr.
Rutherfordton, NC 28139
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV LIFE: My, My, My...I love computers, I hate computers.
I love computers because of all the wonderful things it provides. So much info at our fingertips, space saving by allowing your filing cabinet to be squeezed into a laptop, communications via email, blogs, Facebook, chat rooms, etc. Amazing. But I also "hate" computers because when something goes wrong, I am usually at a loss as to what to do about it. Thank goodness for geeky Scott. I "hate" computers because they take up so much of my time!
It is currently 12:10pm.  I have been up since 8:00am. I have been sitting in my oh so comfy easy chair with my legs up, a blanket over my feet and my laptop in my, where else?...Lap! And I wonder where the time goes?
My dogs have not been walked yet, or fed yet. I can tell I'm thirsty, but haven't gotten up to quench my thirst. One thing on the internet leads to another...and another...and another...and so on.
I started out by catching up on some email, which led to... following many links.
Then proceeded to read my digital copy of WHOLE DOG JOURNAL magazine, or the correct term e-zine (electronic magazine), which led to searching items of interest from the e-zine.
I downloaded a couple of books from AUDIBLE, which led to catching up on writing some reviews, which led back to my blog.  Only other bloggers realize how long it takes to compose a post. Especially if you are trying to be not only interesting, but informative.  I love blogs with links, therefore I try to have many links in my posts.
So now I have a headache, probably from lack of fluids, I have to go pee pee, and Lyla is now laying at the door wondering when I'll take her out.  I just hate to quick blogging when I'm in the mood.
I still have 1/3 battery life left on my laptop! But gotta go take care of business.

4:30pm: I'm baaaaack! I did actually get off my big bubble butt and accomplished a couple of things.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a document on my computer that I type things that I may want to add to the blog in the future. Well, I'm tired of these items cluttering up my thought process, so I'll just add them today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CRAFTS:
There is much ongoing discussion about copyright rules to do with craft patterns and what is allowed and not when it comes to reproducing.
I believe most are in agreement that when you purchase a pattern, you cannot sell that pattern. You did not create that pattern. But the controversy begins when you MAKE an object from that pattern.
My friend Teri, is a designer of beautiful lace patterns, KNITS BY TERI, so I don't like stepping on her toes.
I enjoy knitting & crocheting, but there's only so many shawls I can use.  I'd like to try to sell items I've made on sites such as ETSY  and EBAY. Which brings up the subject of what copyright entails. The below info is what I've gathered together on the internet. I think it make sense.
Copyright protects something written.
A copyright protects the written pattern, not the object produced from that pattern.
Writing a pattern for example, a toy does not convey copyright to the toy itself, only to the pattern for that toy. If the designer sells you the pattern, she is granting you permission to make the item. The item then belongs to you, and you can do what you want with it.
In order to protect that pattern's physical construction, you'd have to Patent it or Trademark License it.
I'm sure the discussion will continue, but I for one will be selling items I'VE knitted and crocheted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Public Service Announcement for fellow Bloggers: Speaking of copyright...while I was searching for info, I came across a blogger who was sued for copyright infringement. HERE IS HER STORY.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OBITUARY
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. 

No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. 

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:  
- Knowing when to come in out of the rain;  
- Why the early bird gets the worm;  
- Life isn't always fair;  
- and maybe it was my fault.  

Common Sense  lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).
  
His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. 

Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. 
   
Common Sense  lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.  
  
It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.  
   
Common Sense  lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.  
   
Common Sense  took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.  
   
Common Sense  finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.  
   
Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.  

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers;  
I Know My Rights  
I Want It Now  
Someone Else Is To Blame  
I'm A Victim  

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. 

The above was sent to me via email. The email stated it was published in the London Times. I did a search to see if it was true....NOT! Thank you SNOPES, for setting us straight.  In case you are living in the "dark ages", Snopes is a great website to find out if things are true or not.  All those forwarded emails you get, stating about missing kids, charities, microsoft donations if you forward the email, etc., Snopes researches and finds the truth. Snopes even can enlighten you to the truth behind urban legends.
This original "obituary" was written by "author, columnist, speaker", LORI BORGMAN. Of course just like a secret whispered from one person to the next, this obit is probably slightly different than her original.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BLOG TIP: I have a "Search this Blog" on top of the right column of my blog. I actually used it today to find if I had written about a certain subject. It worked great. So if you ever want to find something on my blog that is not listed as a "Label", try out the search. I was very pleased.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Question of the day: How many of you do crossword puzzles in the bathroom? If so, what is your favorite brand? Or do you do newspaper crosswords? I like the "Quality Popular" crossword puzzle magazines. Not too hard, not to easy. Quality Popular Crossword Puzzles magazine subscription
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BOOK REVIEWS:
The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small TownThe Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town by John Grisham
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

True Crime: I couldn't finish. Simply lost interest. Is it because there are so many true crime tv shows available daily?
What really ruined it for me was reading the reviews and the  knowledge of the controversy.
Is this a totally one sided book? I don't know, but I can't read this without reading the other side and I don't want to do the research. I read for pleasure and this is too much work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MortalityMortality by Steven Ford
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Very good suspense. Sort of a medical mystery/suspense.
This is about an anti-aging spa in Florida. A Doctor is conducting stem cell research to try to find a cure for his son's Progeria.
He opens the anti-aging spa, and makes great progress, but then starts going overboard.
He brings in an aging Olympic hopeful for the diet and exercise position and a de-licensed plastic surgeon.
So who is the one causing all the troubles? Read to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels