Sunday, December 16, 2012

Martini anyone?

RIVER PLANTATION RV PARK
Sevierville, TN 37862
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The December Photo Project is getting a little tedious. I take pictures anyway, so why the need for the separate "project". From here in, I will combining my regular blog with the DPP and just label a particular photo for that day's entry.

DPP-Day 15 Cucumber Martini make me happy!
but....
DPP-Day 16 a "Dog-tini" make me laugh!

What a great Halloween costume idea!
============================
RV LIFE:
One of the nice things about RV life is making friends, moving on and then meeting them again in another part of the country. So it was that Ray & Linda from our Cedar Creek RV Owners Club met up with us and treated us to Sunday brunch. Ray & Linda live in Sevierville, so I thought it would be nice to get together. Ray called on Wed. and said he couldn't be around until Sat. or Sunday. I guess he's a busy man. I later found out, they were actually in Florida! They drove all the way back to TN to meet up with us. Crazy. Of course, they do have grandchildren here, so that was a good excuse to see them also.
Ray used to work at Dollywood and then later became part of security for Dolly Parton. 
They took us to Golden Corral for buffet brunch. Scott has been wanting to go there for a long time and I always avoided it, thinking it was going to be bad.  But I was wrong! I look forward to finding more Golden Corrals in our travels.
=============================
RESTAURANT REVIEW:
Golden Corral, Sevierville, TN
Our rating 4.5 out of 5
Prices are very reasonable. We were here for the Sunday Brunch. I don't think anything was bad, most of delicious and some average.
I especially liked their meatloaf! I couldn't have done any better. Large variety of foods, from meat & potatoes, to Asian, to Mexican. Nice salad bar. Deserts were the only disappointment, but I feel the main course buffet more than makes up for the "not worth the calories" desserts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Chop House, Sevierville, TN 37862
Our rating 3.5 out of 5
Nice setting. We were in a booth and even though in the bar, it was not overly noisy.
Very nice waitress, from Romania. A very cool accent. 
We normally don't order drinks prior to dinner, but since our appetizer (stuffed mushroom) could take up to 20 minutes, Scott ordered a Bloody Mary & I ordered a Cucumber Martini, which I saw a photo of on the menu.
BLOODY MARY: Average
CUCUMBER MARTINI: Not only a beautiful green color, but delicious also.
ONION RINGS: Slightly above average.
STUFFED MUSHROOMS: Excellent. Stuffed with lobster, crab & shrimp.
PRIME RIB: Average. Very tender, but bland. Medium-rare.
PRIME RIB SANDWICH: The onion roll was delicious, but the prime rib had no flavor. The au jus was nothing special either.
FRIES: Average
I would only return for a drink at the bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels