Wednesday, May 15, 2013

RV Park Review: AZALEA GLEN RV PARK, Trinidad, CA

RV PARK REVIEW:
May 8 - 19, 2013 (12 days)
Azalea Glen RV Park, Trinidad, CA
Site# 37   Price $34./night
Our rating 4.5 out of 5

SITES: Sites are tight, BUT because they have them divided by lattice fence and at this time of the season, covered with ivy, or trailing flowering vines, the sites were beautiful and private.


Our site

HOOK UPS: FHU
BATHROOMS: Very clean and private shower.
LAUNDRY: Nice little laundry room that was clean.
PETS: Pet friendly. Two areas for dog business.
WIFI: Free and very good.
VERIZON INTERNET: Very Good
SPRINT INTERNET:
VERIZON PHONE: Very good
AT&T PHONE: Good
BOOK EXCHANGE: Nice book exchange in laundry room
ACTIVITIES: Relaxing.
MAIL DELIVERY ACCEPTED: Not sure, but I think so.
AREA/TOWN/SIGHTS: Lots to do in the area. Redwood forest, Pacific ocean, lots of hiking.
This park would have gotten a perfect score if the sites were a bit larger.

Owner's were very nice and have a great Golden Doodle. Ed said they hope to have a dog park by next year!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BROWSING THE WWW://
Regarding my Kindle vs. paperbacks post prior:
Kerri M. commented:
"I also love my Kindle and totally agree that free trumps all. :) That's why if you haven't already you should check out One Hundred Free Books! They offer free or low cost books for your kindle. It give you the chance to meet new authors, discover unexpected gems, and rediscover old favorites. I highly recommend it!"
So I signed up for One Hundred Free Books and I'm already overwhelmed. So much to read! Thanks Kerri for the site reference!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PETS:
I'm finding that California is not as "pet friendly" as I thought. Many of the campgrounds allow dogs, but charge extra for each dog daily!
Also, it seems the State Parks do not allow dogs on the trails. I was walking in Patrick's Point State Park, which is right across the street from our RV park. I took the dogs with me and followed the paved roads which led me to what sounded like what might be a dog park. I heard a lot of what I thought was barking. But the sign stated, no dogs beyond this point. As I listened more carefully I got so excited! I THINK I'm hearing seals! I thought I wouldn't see them until we went to the Oregon coast. Sure enough, there are seals all over the huge mounds coming out of the Ocean. I'll be back without the dogs for a closer look and photos. Also while in the state park, there were signs for hikes on the rim with distances. So inviting, but again, no dogs on trails. Sigh. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHERE WE'RE GOING:

May 20 - May 30 (11 days) - Humbug Mtn. State Park, Port Orford, OR
May 31 - Jun 13, 2013 (2 weeks) - Diamond Lake RV Park, Diamond Lake, OR
June 14 -23, 2013 Armitage County Park, Eugene, OR

WA, ID, WA, MT, ND, SD, WY, then south for the Winter of 2013/214

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels