Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Knee pads?

Aug. 19-28, 2013 Jim & Mary's RV Park, Missoula, MT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No, it's not hump day.
  


Guess what day it is? Yep, it's our 19th Wedding Anniversary.
What did Scott get me? A pair of knee pads! What did I give him? A smirk and a thank you.
Actually, we don't exchange gifts or cards for any celebration. We are content to just be with each other and in the knowledge that if we can live full time in an RV, we are doing ok!
 It's been quite an easy 19 years. We have been lucky to not have many arguments, no threat of divorce (that I know of), like thinking, no in-laws problems, mostly same views politically and religiously. Money was a different story. Scott was a bit of a spendthrift when we first met, but he has seen the error of his ways and come over to my more conservative spending ways. I on the other hand fought to get him to be more social early on in our marriage, but I have given in to his social thermometer and we both now pretty much are happy to keep to ourselves. I'm still the one to organize any social activities, but that is rare nowadays.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
RV LIFE:
Scott went out shopping and picking up little odds and ends. And yes, one of the unplanned purchases was a pair of knee pads for me. My knees are fine hiking up and down, stair climbing, etc. But, my left knee gets shooting pains when I kneel on it. My right is not as bad. So I keep meaning to pick up a pair. Sweet hubby picked them up while at Home Depot. Thanks honey.

Yesterday I spent another day outside. What a life! First I had coffee outside, then caught up on email, then read a little and ended up falling asleep for 2 hours on the lawn chair.
It was actually a little chilly and I just couldn't warm up. Yep, that's me all covered up. Devin played the ever alert guard dog. I put my hat over my face because I didn't want anyone to catch me sleeping with my mouth dropped open.




Caught on camera a few years back! My brother "helping" me man the dog rescue booth. Actually, that was a very well deserved break. He faithfully went with me for all day events to help our Setter Rescues. He would help set up and pack up again. Thank you Bro!

So after my 2 hour nap, I knit a while, then brushed the dogs coat and teeth. Then time for dinner. Another great day in the life of retirement and RV living.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SIGHTS:
Smoke Jumper's Visitor's Center - Missoula, MT
If you're in the area, this is worth a stop. There is a small museum with history, films and example of the equipment the smoke jumper's wear, carry and use to fight forest fires.








There is a short tour where you see the long tables where they fold/pack the parachutes, sewing machines where the smoke jumpers actually modify their own uniforms to fit their needs.





We saw the "tower room", which is a where they hang recently used parachutes to dry, check for rips and wear and tear.  After 100 uses the parachutes are retired.





Smoke jumpers are firemen & firewomen with extra training on how to jump out of planes.


There was a crew from Ontario visiting the center. Oooh, I'd like to see this guy in a Fireman Calendar!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PET PEEVE:






















Every month I get a bank statement for our checking account. I get so aggravated. I can see my statement on line. I don't need a paper copy, I don't want a paper copy. Enclosed in every statement is an insert stating to "Go Paperless". I've tried, I really have. I finally double checked to see why I'm still getting paper statements. Uh oh, maybe it's because I have an old/bad email addy? That's changed, but I'm still not paperless. Look under "Account Details", paperless is NOT AVAILABLE! Why the hell, do you keep wasting paper sending me an insert monthly encouraging me to "Go Paperless". I can't believe this bank hasn't caught up with technology.!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CRAFTS:
Almost done with my circular yoke tee. Only 1 sleeve to go. I tried it on and it looks like it will be nice and loose on me. Will it look like a maternity top? I hope not. I will have to adjust the yoke top to fit more snugly, but I don't see that as a problem.
Happy Anniversary Honey! Love you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHERE WE'RE GOING:
Aug. 29-Sept. 1, 2013 Jennifer's Driveway Boondock, Bozeman, MT
Sept. 2-5, 2013 Mammoth Campground, Yellowstone, WY (Tentative)
Sept. 6-15, 2013 Horseshoe Bend Campground NFS, Lovell, WY (Tentative)
Sept. 16-30, 2013 Wheels West RV Park, Custer, SD

south for the Winter of 2013/214

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels