Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Dirty RV is a safe RV

Feb. 19-26, 2014 (1 week)
Sherling Lake Greenville, AL 36037 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV LIFE:
A new State! I believe we have driven through Alabama, but have never stayed in Alabama. It only takes one night to be able to add it to our map. And that is what it almost was! Just one night.
We got a late start on Wednesday. Scott couldn't get himself out of bed. Therefore, we didn't arrive in Greensville, AL until 5 pm. This park got good reviews, it was not crowded, it has a "park" setting, so we decided to stay for a week instead of overnight. So nice to have a relaxing, more open schedule again.
I turned on my computer so Scott could get the Direct TV satellite coordinates and oooohhh, it's soooooo slooooooow! Seems so shallow, but I can't stay more than 2 nights without internet. I've got to keep up with the volunteer work I do on the computer.
Scott extends the booster antenna, but still slow. We have dinner and discuss whether to leave in the morning and forfeit our week's camping fees. 
I try the internet again and it is working much better. Still somewhat slow, but definitely usable. Yeah! We're staying! The camp host said, "What are you going to do HERE, for a week". Hmmm. Ummm, relax and do what we've been doing and love doing, LIVING in our RV and enjoying the peacefulness of this park. We are so over sightseeing. If there happens to be something nearby, we may stop by, but if not, that's ok too.

On our last day in Tennessee, I was cleaning up the rig. Vacuum, sweep, mop floors. Dust, wipe down counters, stove, microwave, fridge, etc. Scrub shower. That would be so much easier if I cleaned it more often. While putting the vacuum away, I smelled something funny. Hmmm...what is that smell? The sewer hose? We have been 12 days without dumping. Oh well, tomorrow we'll dump on our way out. Then Scott starts sniffing around too. Ah ha! I know, it smells like a dead mouse! No, AH HA! Scott declares, it's propane! And just then the CO detector starts beeping. Can you say "freak out"????? I immediately look at our parrot. Is she ok? Ya know, like the canary in the coal mines. She seems fine. I go out and turn off the propane, while Scott continues to sniff around, turn on the fans, and open the windows. Scott figured it out. it was my fault (but of course!). When I was wiping down the stove, I accidentally turned one of the knobs which opened the propane valve waiting for us to ignite it for stove use. 
The moral to this story? Don't clean the RV! 

Remember our 3 week house arrest in Ft. Stockton, TX? Ya know, the $14,000. truck repair? Our friend Tom, whom we stayed with near Albuquerque, NM had to pass by there recently. Here's what he had to say...
"Went through Stockton, Texas where Deb and Scott were broke down and all I can say is Hell would be a step or two up from that place and that is being too kind. 
There is still a huge banner up there at the RV park. They were asking for them to come back as they so supported the local economy, It also says "Scott and Deb, we miss you". It is right at the exit on I-!0." 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HOUSE HUNTING:
We put a bid in on the lake house. Haven't heard back from the Realtor to sign it, but does it really matter? We're third in line.
We decided to forego looking at houses in the Eastern part of Tennessee for now. Our only reason to head to Tennessee at this time was to see the lake house. I found myself looking at other houses in other parts of Tennessee, and trying to plan our travels and time to include seeing these houses. STOP!!! We did not plan on purchasing just yet, unless we got the lake house. We really don't want to buy until the Fall of this year. So we changed our plans of staying longer in Tennessee, to just heading down to Florida to visit my parents. We'll return to Tennessee at a later date.
I find myself thinking, the lake house is not to be. Things happen for a reason right? I'm don't know, BUT...if we had NOT had the engine trouble, we probably would have been first to bid on the house, but the 3 week delay made us miss out. I can only hope that is because there is a better house, property and price in our future.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CRAFTS:

I am just now missing my yarn stash tucked away at my knitting friend Shirley's home. As I cruise around on Ravelry, I see a few MKAL's I want to join. I have the yarn, BUT, it is in NJ. When we pass through there this Spring, I will bringing my stash with me. I have already scouted out little cubbies here and there in the RV to squirrel them away!
I have a knitting machine that I hope to one day be more proficient in using, but right now, it is a chore and a re-learning experience every time I try to use it. I brought it along for our full time RV travels figuring I'd have time to use it. The problem is, once you start a project on the knitting machine, you can't just pack it up and put away. The machine has to stay out with your project attached. The machine is portable, but is about 3 - 4 feet long & only about a foot deep. I can't leave it out using up precious RV space. So it has sat in it's box, covered in a plastic garbage back beside my bed, being used as a shoe rack. So the knitting machine will be sent to storage upon my short return to the state from Hell...NJ.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MOVIE REVIEW:
Admission, 2013, Romantic-Comedy?
Tina Fey, Paul Rudd
My rating 3.5 out of 5
I'm not sure if I could rate this an actual comedy, but it was a light romance.
I'm a fan of Tina Fey, so would watch her flicks for pure entertainment.
In this movie, she plays a Princeton Univ. Admissions Officer. She is in a battle of ethics whether to make special allowances for a potential student or not.
Probably just a 3 rating, but I like Tina Fey, so gave a little extra.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUDIOBOOK REVIEW:
Forever Black (Forever Trilogy, #1)Forever Black by Sandi Lynn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I guess I am an old lady. This could have been a great romantic mystery, but 20-something romance drove me crazy.
Ellery would pick a fight, her boyfriend would try to keep the peace, but Ellery just had to push it until there is an argument and stomping out the door. Then she waits for his return with his tail between his legs that shows (to her) that he really cares. Really? She's got some maturing to do. This must have happened at least 4 or 5 times. Get rid of the "B"!
Nice little romance with the mystery being the characters' history.
Light reading, some explicit sex. I think the author was trying to be erotic, but just wasn't.
I'm in my 50's. I think 20-something women would like this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHERE WE'RE GOING:
Feb. 26 - Mar. 4, 2014 (1 week), Torreya State Park - Bristol, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels