Friday, July 4, 2014

Nuttin much

"To be safe on the Fourth/Don't buy a fifth on the third." 
James H. Muehlbauer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV LIFE:
A little bit of heaven. We are back at Columbus...State Park. A perfect place to unwind from the week of socializing with fellow Creekers. Although, because of the heat, not too much socializing. Many of us spent our days inside.

Oopsy! Just a little oopsy. While making a sharp turn into the State park, the road had a dip, then an incline. Oopsy, our back end hit bottom and scraped along the asphalt. Damn!
What kind of damage has been done?
Will it affect the workings of the RV?
How much is it going to cost to replace?
We ended up with a wackadoodled (meaning really bent) rear jack, a crack in our pvc pole sewer hose holder, and a rip in our sewer hose. As I've said before, don't go full time if you think there are less things to do to maintain an RV than a house. That is a total misconception.
Scott was able to sort of bend the jack back and was still usable, but for how long. We don't have sewer hookups so don't have to worry about the cracked sewer hose.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV PRODUCT REVIEW:
Our rating 5 out of 5
Seems good quality, good weight capacity, good price.
Scissors jack from Amazon
Scott installed the jack and realized that our old jack was only 20", the new jack is 24". Did not affect installation. Luckily this was an easy fix.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV to House Transition:
We have never had a house and owned an RV. When we had a house, we would tent camp for vacations. Therefore, we ate on mainly paper plates and used as much disposable as possible. We had a couple of tubs with our camping equipment in them ready for vacation.
We are now beginning a new way of life. Living in a house, but having a huge RV to travel in. I don't consider our future RV travels to be vacation. I'm retired, living in a cozy cabin like home on 7 wooded acres within walking distance to a lake. My life is a vacation!
I have no idea how often we will actually RV and for what reason. I suppose we'll use it to visit family and to go to Cedar Creek rallies. But will we ever venture all the way West to Oregon and Washington? I so want to return to Custer, SD. Will we keep such a large RV? If we keep it, that means keeping our dually pick up truck too.

I have already committed to taking in TWO English Setter foster dogs. Shhh, Scott doesn't know it yet. All I can say, is I warned him. If we got a house, I would be fostering. HE'S the one that decided not to travel this summer after purchase of the house. I am now in settling down mode, looking forward to cooler times in the Winter.

Do we leave much of the daily living items in the RV and buy "new" for the house? That means we'll have double of a lot of items. But do we really want to have to plan to pack for a trip? I'm sure most people keep dishes, pots, glassware, flatware, etc in the RV. I guess the not knowing whether we will continue to use it, is what bothers me. I don't want to buy things that are not needed, that we already have.

But, on the other hand, even though I'm not much of a shopper, I am looking forward to buying "new" dishware & flatware. The furniture? not so much. I just want comfy without taking up too much room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CRAFTS:
I so wish I was more creative! What you say? Look at all the beautiful crafty things I make. 99.9% of my finished crafts are just following instructions. I follow instructions well, but to think up a crafty item...nope. It's empty up here in my head.
You're probably tired of hearing of my current passion...Pinterest. But oh my, my, my, it certainly has zillions of ideas to give my unoriginal brain a boost to create.
I get upset with myself because of the many simple things I see on Pinterest using everyday items. What can't I think of that? We all have our talents. I'll just continue to snatch the ideas from Pinterest and go with it.
Here is a sew simple project.
sew or iron on hem project for the 4th of July or picnic table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUDIOBOOK REVIEW:
The Twelve Tribes Of HattieThe Twelve Tribes Of Hattie by Ayana Mathis
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I am fascinated by the history of slavery and the strong black race that had to endure. I cannot fathom the idea that one human is treated so horribly by another human.
This book seemed to have no flow. I couldn't keep track of what was going on and who was who.
I just assumed, being an Oprah's pick,that this would be good. I didn't bother to look at reviews ahead of time. Lesson learned, read the reviews.
I was just trying to get through the book. I didn't finish. Read previous reviews for better judgements.
====================
MOVIE REVIEWS:
The Oranges - 2011 Dramedy
Hugh Laurie
Oliver Platt
My rating 2 out of 5
Two neighboring families are the best of friends, until the prodigal daughter returns and stirs up a lot of trouble.

7 Psychopaths - 2012 Dark Comedy
Colin Powell
Christopher Walken
Woody Harrelson
My rating 2 out of 5
Pretty bad movie. It got a 2 because I like to watch and listen to Colin Powell & there was a sweet Shih Tzu in the movie.
Just a bunch of killing and egos and stupidity.

Snow White and the Huntsman - 2012 Fantasy
Kristin Stewart
Charlize Theron
Chris Hemsworth
My rating 3.5 out of 5
I would have given it a 4 if they had cast Snow White with someone other than Kristin Stewart. Snow White is supposed to be the "fairest of them all" and Stewart is average with too big a chin to be called beautiful. Plus her acting is similar in all her movies. Mouth half open and a furrowed forehead.
Now Charlize is absolutely stunning!  They needed someone equal or better looking (if possible) than her.
The special effects were great, the dark story was very good. If you are a Kristin Stewart fan, then you'd like this more than I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels